Old 09-09-2004, 04:49 PM
MC

Hi,

I only use organic ferts. I have used dynamic lifter for the few yrs I have
gardened and had ok results (it's a bit hard to tell how effective it is, as
it's a slow release fert. - is that right? I'm no expert!). However, last
spring, and again this year, I have used blood and bone and it has made a
DRAMATIC difference to the size, health etc of my vegie's and flowers!!! Mix
in some solphate of potash and they tell me you have a great all-round
fertiliser! That's what I have done and I am now an avid B & B user! (At
least where the vegies are concerned, particularly early after planting or
even before planting!)

Cheers,
Mick

"blank" wrote in message

"Nicholas Steel" wrote in message
om...
Some time ago I was in a nursery and had selected a bottle of Maxicrop
to buy.

A nursery staff member saw this and told me that he used to work for
the council and had a lot of experience spraying plants with
fertilisers. he siad that Maxictop was nowhere near as effctive as
Nitrosol.

This made me think that perphaps all fertilsers are not the same.

Your comments/experiences/rankings on the list below would be most
welcome.

Aquasol
Nitrosol
Seasol
Thrive
Miraclegro
Maxicrop
Osmicote
Dynamic Lifter
Blood and Bone

It isn't really helpful to rank your list without an idea of the purpose
of
the fertilizer. It's horses for courses with ferts. Various products are
aimed at producing a variety of short, medium and long term results. So
any
ranking would be without relevance.