Old 05-02-2003, 03:23 PM
RichToyBox

Default two ponds together?

Sue,

As mentioned below, use a pipe with bulkhead fittings from one pond to the
other and let gravity carry water from one pond to the other. Due to the
ponds being at the same level, use the largest pipe that you can. The water
flowing into the one pond will raise its water level, while the pump in the
other pond will lower its water level. This difference in water levels will
be the cause of the water flow through the pipe. I would think that it
would take 3 or 4 inch pipe to keep the water levels close to the same.
--
RichToyBox

"Tommy" wrote in message
I'm just an observer here(don't have a pond of my own yet), but I have an
idea that may work.

Could you run a conduit (say 1 1/2" to 2") ungerground that is connected

both ponds. The conduit would be open at both end so you could let the

laws
of physics keep the two ponds at the same level.

You would of course want to have some sort of filter cage ot keep debris
from clogging the conduit, but I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Good Luck, Tommy