Old 03-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Ray

No. As the award is given to the particular plant, there has to be a way of
discerning it from others of the same species or hybrid, hence the
requirement for the cultivar name.

I have seen such non-cultivar-specific award designations on listings of
parents of hybrids - still not a good idea, but intended to show that this
particular cross was made from awarded parents, not WHICH SPECIFIC awarded
parents, e.g., Phal. Oh Wow (Phal Verygood HCC x Phal Pretty Damned Good AM)

..
"Xi Wang" wrote in message
Hi group,

Several months ago, I bought a Dtps. King Shiang's Rose from a nursery,
and it was supposed to have been awarded a HCC. However, on the label,
there is no cultivar name. I asked the nursery, and they told me they
would try to trace it (they got it from Taiwan). I'm curious, can a plant
be awarded and not have a cultivar name? TIA

Cheers,
Xi