Old 10-09-2004, 09:18 AM
Sacha

On 10/9/04 9:00, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
Sacha wrote:
We've been given a dustbin liner filled with this. The giver suggested we
make soup from it but what I want to know from anyone who grows this, is, do
we use the stalks, some part of the stalk, discard all of the stalks?
Anyone know?

In my view, all parts can be used, and are best composted.

Oh dear!

You don't normally use the stalk, but can as far as I know. I used
to grow it, but each my spinach-loving wife didn't like it.

The chap who grows it on a nearby allotment says he started it because it
doesn't bolt like ordinary spinach but that he now has a jungle of it! I
think we'll have to at least try the soup idea because he's going to ask
what we think of it!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk