Old 10-09-2004, 08:29 PM
aka Robbie

Matthew Durkin wrote:

I have several sacks of garden soil that I need to get rid of, and will

have
some more when I dig my pond foundations (next weekend?)

Does your village/town/city have a newsgroup or forum etc? If so it may be
worth posting to them as there maybe someone building a raised bed who needs
some soil.

A couple of years ago I built my raised bed and needed a couple of tonnes.
Luckily I live on a building site so was able to speed to the site manager
and get some for nothing. But if I wasn't able to get it through them then I
would have had a look around other avenues before the garden centres.

Never know, you may find someone to shift it for you.

Peter