Old 02-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Sarah Dale

gary davis wrote:

On 8/31/04 12:28 PM, in article , "Sarah
Dale" wrote:
I disposed of about 1/2 ton of rubble clay and sand from my garden in the
local tip over several car loads. I must praise the guys who run the tips
here in Flintshire - they even lifted it in to the skip and emptied the
bags for me - they are super helpful chaps.

HTH,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,
For heavens sake don't dispose of it give it to Franz...he can use
some.
Have a look at this message (below) I posted awhile ago. He told me he has
only 6" of soil on hardpan and is trying to compete with his friends in
growing 'stuff'. What chance does he have?

Hi Gary,

Nice idea, but I did all that work on my garden three years ago.... You will
also note that I specifically said I was disposing of rubble, clay and
sand. None of which I think Franz would want! Not to mention the problems
of transporting it between my place and Franz's.

As it happens, approx. 1/4 of what I disposed of out of my garden went to
build a neighbours land drain, and we were both happy with the arrangement.

As for the rest of it, it was disposed of properly, and went to form land
fill caps.

Also for Matt - please note I transported all my rubble in a Ford Fiesta -
so your Micra should cope. Spread the load throughout that car if you are
worried - i.e. one sack in the passenger seat foot well, 3 in the rear foot
well, maybe 5 in the boot.

Sarah

Old 10-09-2004, 08:29 PM
aka Robbie

Matthew Durkin wrote:

I have several sacks of garden soil that I need to get rid of, and will

have
some more when I dig my pond foundations (next weekend?)

Does your village/town/city have a newsgroup or forum etc? If so it may be
worth posting to them as there maybe someone building a raised bed who needs
some soil.

A couple of years ago I built my raised bed and needed a couple of tonnes.
Luckily I live on a building site so was able to speed to the site manager
and get some for nothing. But if I wasn't able to get it through them then I
would have had a look around other avenues before the garden centres.

Never know, you may find someone to shift it for you.

Peter