Old 11-09-2004, 10:18 AM
Sacha

On 11/9/04 13:03, in article , "Magwitch"
wrote:

Martin Brown muttered:

Worth noting that they are fairly poisonous plants. The perfume from a
couple of flowers will fill a greenhouse and hover flies love them.

The scent is just heavenly. When I went around the corner of our house to
the terrace the first evening, wow! My mother used to live in Jamaica and
some friends of hers had a courtyard full of them... imagine. I'm going to
get a few more next year.

Here, they seem to release their scent at about 5pm, so it must be to
attract whichever moth or butterfly is around then in their original
habitat. We have a huge Brugmansia in the largest greenhouse and it almost
overcomes you at that time. It's a shame it waits until then because most
of our customers have gone!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk