Old 07-09-2004, 04:23 PM
Lurker

On 7 Sep 2004 07:42:10 -0700, Craig Cowing wrote:

Jim Lewis wrote:

Hope everyone came through as well as I did.

Frances weakened as it crawled across central Florida and into
the Gulf -- where it wasn't over open water long enough to
strengthen. It was a tropical storm when it hit land again --
well to the east of where originally predicted.

snip

A few small trees down across the drive; power out for 12 hours,
a few trees/limbs across the pasture fence and that's it.

LUCKY.

I do hope you folks in east central Florida made it through OK,
though. It was a LOT rougher down there from all reports.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

I realize there are a lot of things that attract people to such an area,
but for
me, I'll take blizzards and sub-zero temperatures over this in a
heartbeat.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

On the Texas Gulf coast, I've kinda gotten used to it, but my wife starts
freaking after every storm starts up and stays that way until it has gone
ashore. Why _she_ stays here I don't know.

Jim, I'm glad to hear you didn't get too much damage, you were lucky.
And the storm moved through.