Old 10-09-2004, 11:36 PM
Peter Aitken

Default Purple leaves

"Rob Halgren" wrote in message
Peter Aitken wrote:

I recently (3 weeks) moved a few phals from a windowsill where they were

not
getting enough light (I thought) to under fluorescent bulbs. Some of the
leaves are developing a purplish cast. What does this mean?

It means you are finally getting enough light... Many phals will
develop a little red or purple color under good light. This is a good
sign.

Rob

--

Thanks - good news indeed! But I'm still a bit puzzled. At a recent orchid
workshop I heard that phal leaves ideally should be a light green, like

--
Peter Aitken