Old 11-09-2004, 05:25 AM
torgo

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 17:41:25 -0500, Rogerx wrote:

Hi Group!

Next Spring, I plan to add 4 roses to my collection, three of them I
want to be yellow. I am thinking of 2 HT and 1 climber. I have 20
(3yr old +) roses, and only 1 is yellow. It is a Kings Ransom--it has
never did well, perhaps the least hardy of all my roses.

The two I found I liked are St. Patrick, which I have on Fortuniana
root stock (I'm in 7b but in an area where the heat of summer is a
much greater concern than winter) and Graham Thomas, the classic
English rose that grows so big in warm climates that it might as well
be called a climber. (Mine's a first year plant that has already
outgrown a 7 gallon container.)

I really don't care for yellow roses (too many Stella d'Oro daylilies
and miscellaneous daffodils in the yard already), but those two
somehow won me over.

-torgo