Old 07-09-2004, 03:30 AM
Nedra

I also have the pond filtration pressurized filter - a PF3000 - which is
supposed
to filter 3,000 gallons of water... Not! It has never done a really good
job so several
years ago I put in a veggie filter and the pond has been clear ever since.
Anyway, I've had this same filter for 5 or 6 years and it is
a pain to clean. I called the manufacturer this spring about the seal not
really sealing. He told me to tighten the top really well - to use a hammer
and
(lightly) tap all around the metal ring then tighten again... until it
squeeks (!)
Anyway, I buy new filter bags every year ... I always get a new rubber ring
with the media.

I wouldn't think you'd have to stick with the pressurized filter. I don't
have the
answer as to which would be best.

Nedra

"GoldLexus" wrote in message
Has anyone had any experience with the above mentioned filter?
We currently have a Pondfiltration pressurized filter
http://www.pondfiltration.com/pl4800.html that is about 4 years old. We
have put in new filter media this year (not cheap!) We have to take apart
the filter to rinse the bags about once a month not a big deal BUT the
filter is a real pain in the *ss to put together again and NOT have it
leaking somewhere. We want a filter that is easier to clean and wont have
the leaking problems.
Also this filter is not doing a great job at clearing the water. It did
better last year, this year it is struggling to keep the water clear.
BTW do we need to stay with a pressurized system? We have a pretty steep
waterfall, the water is pushed up a 14 ft. incline. We have a submersible
pump, the filter is above water level in a box about 2-3 ft. from the

pond.
Here is a link to give you an idea of the incline and postion of

everything.
http://public.fotki.com/Nikkiekoala/...llincline.html
We would like an easier filter to deal with than our current one. Other
suggestions besides the Fishmate would be great too.
Thanks!