Old 06-09-2004, 12:38 AM
RichToyBox

I have three Sequence pumps running on my two ponds. They are very
efficient, comparably priced and have been recommended for years by other
ponders. The motor size is generally 1/4 or 1/3 HP, but they move very high
quantities of water. The down side to many of the energy efficient pumps,
is they lose volume due to head fairly quickly. If you are trying to create
a tall waterfall or move water through a small pipe, then the efficiency
kind of goes out the window, and the HP goes up.
--
RichToyBox
http://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/index.html

"W Dale" wrote in message
Any one have recommendations for good external pump for a 4,000+gal.
pond? I am trying to get ready for the eventual demise of my two SG
4300's. What I keep reading is that for larger ponds, external pumps
are the way to go.
Thanks for your comments and input
W. Dale