Old 11-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Ralph

Default What type of pipe for bottom drain

I have my hole almost done. Went to look at 4" pipe for bottom drain and
found a variety of pipe types. There is "sewer and drain pipe" with styrene
fittings, Schedule 40 & 80 pipe, and corrugated pipe. I ruled out the
corrugated pipe which is flexable because it appears that waste would
collect in the groves. This leaves the sewer pipe and schedule 40. The sewer
is much thinner but I was told this is used for septic systems outdoors and
schedule 40 is used for indoor waste lines. The sewer is also less expense
and seems to have all the necessary fittings I would need. Any guideance
would be appreciated.