Old 11-09-2004, 09:55 PM
K Barrett

I've printed this out! And saving it becasue I know I'll need it again some
day!!

"John DeGood" wrote in message
K Barrett wrote:
When I try to open the file I have to tell XP which program to associate

that file.

From "Start | Help and Support" in Windows XP:

To change the program that opens a file

1. Open My Documents.
If the file you want is not located in My Documents or its subfolders,

use Search to find it. To open Search, click Start, and then click Search.
2. Right-click the file you want to open in a different program, and

then click Properties.
3. On the General tab, click Change.
4. Click the name of the program in which you want the file to open.

Notes

- To open My Documents, click Start, and then click My Documents.
- This change affects all files that have the same file name extension

as the file you selected. For example, if you change the program that opens
a .jpg file, all .jpg files will open in this program.
- You can also change the program that opens a file by right-clicking

the file, clicking Open With, and then clicking the program name. If the
program you want is not displayed, click Browse.

John