Old 08-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Jim Lewis

On 7 Sep 2004 at 10:23, Lurker wrote:

On the Texas Gulf coast, I've kinda gotten used to it, but my wife starts
freaking after every storm starts up and stays that way until it has gone
ashore. Why _she_ stays here I don't know.

Jim, I'm glad to hear you didn't get too much damage, you were lucky.
And the storm moved through.

And Ivan seems to be on its way -- following almost the same,
exact path.

I tend to be on your wife's side, here. I moved to Florida
almost 40 years ago, now, because of a good job, and we put down
roots.

BUT . . . if our kids didn't live in the east (South Florida and
Central North Carolina) we'd be off back to Arizona or maybe New
Mexico like a SHOT. They don't have the hurricanes, and I don't
mind heat.

The chances of a volcanic eruption (their greatest disaster
potential) are a lot smaller than the chances of Tallahassee
getting hit by one, two or three hurricanes.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++