Old 12-09-2004, 11:11 AM
Andrew G

"Steve wachs" wrote in message
Superthrive is not a miracle and it is not snake oil. It does have its
purpose. I used to help out at Jiu San Bonsai. Phil Tacktill used it on

all his
transplants. It was used in a pump spray bottle and applied to the roots

of all
plants being repotted. We used a concentration higher than the amount
indicated on the label. It does not have fertilizer, but seems to have a

root
stimulant. There are few products out there that are similar. I don't

know if they
have all the ingredient Superthrive has. (e. g) B1 startup, Do they work?

think to some extent they work. it does smell like a vitamin I was given
when I was kid.

Thanks to yours and everyones reply.
Ok, maybe I should have asked if it was a snake oil or a "very good
product".
I don't know, guess I am wary of anything that claims so much. WIthout
looking directly at a jar of that crap smelling stuff us Aussies eat called
vegemite also contains this B1 stuff (I think) and people here claim to use
vegemite as a root hormone when rooting powder or liquid is not available.
I only have a 15ml bottle of the stuff, which is very small, and although I
got it for free I am told it's worth about $10 Aus, so really expensive
stuff IMHO if it's not going to show very good results.
At work when a new fert comes in that we may want to try we test it along
side others we use by simply marking areas of grass and testing product a
next to b, with c being no fert. So I might just use whats left of my
superthrive on some annual seedlings. Maybe one with superthrive, one with
superthirve and a fert, one with a fert, and one with nothing, and keep all
other factors equal, just to see, and will post the results here. Ok, I'm no
professional, but that alone should give an indication.
But thanks again to all posters, something I thought I'd ask anyway.

Cheers
Andrew
--
Mid North Coast