Old 08-09-2004, 05:29 AM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

Wild night!

My son reports that there are doggy doors that only open when the
appropriately collared dog tries to enter. No collar, no open. Has
benefits!

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

"J.D. Stone" wrote in message
I've suspected cats have been around my ponds, but the sides are steep so
the fish haven't been bothered. I also have a doggy door for my Schnauzer.
I've had it for 12 years with no problems. Last night I heard noises in

the
kitchen. I figured a critter had come in. Sure enough. Dog scared him when

first came in the kitchen so he ended up on the curtain rod. Took a while

get him out. Doggy door gets blocked at night now. The links below show

him
in the house. The ladder was something I tried to see if he'd skedaddle on
his own. Didn't work. Finally roped him with an old dog leash. Only took
three deputies to help. I hope the experience was sufficently traumatic to
keep him away but I doubt it.
http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone/pictures/racoon1.jpg
http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone/pictures/racoon2.jpg
--