Old 07-09-2004, 03:17 AM
J.D. Stone

Default Interesting night

I've suspected cats have been around my ponds, but the sides are steep so
the fish haven't been bothered. I also have a doggy door for my Schnauzer.
I've had it for 12 years with no problems. Last night I heard noises in the
kitchen. I figured a critter had come in. Sure enough. Dog scared him when I
first came in the kitchen so he ended up on the curtain rod. Took a while to
get him out. Doggy door gets blocked at night now. The links below show him
in the house. The ladder was something I tried to see if he'd skedaddle on
his own. Didn't work. Finally roped him with an old dog leash. Only took
three deputies to help. I hope the experience was sufficently traumatic to
keep him away but I doubt it.
http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone/pictures/racoon1.jpg
http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone/pictures/racoon2.jpg
--
J.D. Stone
http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone/

Old 07-09-2004, 04:18 AM
Ka30P

Wow! A real live bandit!

kathy :-)
algae primer
Old 07-09-2004, 04:18 AM
Ka30P

Wow! A real live bandit!

kathy :-)
algae primer
Old 07-09-2004, 09:02 AM
Pinkpggy

He looks like he is just a baby.
Jan
"Our Pond" Page
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/index.html
Old 07-09-2004, 04:30 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Either one large raccoon or one very small ladder, I wouldn't have tried to
come down that either. ;o) Now... aren't you glad it wasn't a skunk? ~ jan
)

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 21:17:57 -0500, "J.D. Stone" wrote:

I've suspected cats have been around my ponds, but the sides are steep so
the fish haven't been bothered. I also have a doggy door for my Schnauzer.
I've had it for 12 years with no problems. Last night I heard noises in the
kitchen. I figured a critter had come in. Sure enough. Dog scared him when I
first came in the kitchen so he ended up on the curtain rod. Took a while to
get him out. Doggy door gets blocked at night now. The links below show him
in the house. The ladder was something I tried to see if he'd skedaddle on
his own. Didn't work. Finally roped him with an old dog leash. Only took
three deputies to help. I hope the experience was sufficently traumatic to
keep him away but I doubt it.
http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone/pictures/racoon1.jpg
http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone/pictures/racoon2.jpg

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 08-09-2004, 04:12 AM
J.D. Stone

"Pinkpggy" wrote in message
He looks like he is just a baby.
Jan
"Our Pond" Page
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/index.html

You could be right. I actually petted him a little with the fan wand trying
to calm him down. He was pretty funny. He'd hide his head behind the curtain
almost as if to say, "They can't see me now, maybe they will go away."

Old 08-09-2004, 05:29 AM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

Wild night!

My son reports that there are doggy doors that only open when the
appropriately collared dog tries to enter. No collar, no open. Has
benefits!

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

Old 10-09-2004, 02:39 AM
J.D. Stone

"Jim and Phyllis Hurley" wrote in message
. ..
Wild night!

My son reports that there are doggy doors that only open when the
appropriately collared dog tries to enter. No collar, no open. Has
benefits!

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at:

jogathon.net

Hmmm...could be an idea. Only problem is my kids bring their Schnauzers (I
converted them) when they come to visit and they are trained for the doggy
dooor, too. Suppose I could have "guest" collars?

J.D. Stone
http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone/

Night flowering tree?? Tony Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
"City Gardener" last night and Miscanthus Annabel United Kingdom 5 02-04-2003 02:44 PM
Possible frost/freeze Saturday night/Sunday Morning Wayfarer Texas 8 28-03-2003 10:56 PM
transplanting night blooming jasmine Zemedelec Gardening 4 28-02-2003 06:03 PM
how much plant is too much plant for fish at night? linda mar Freshwater Aquaria Plants 6 20-02-2003 03:54 AM