Old 12-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Carolyn

We are going with the netting, since leaves are starting to fall into the
pond yet anyways.

"Andrew Burgess" wrote in message
Phisherman writes:

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 08:45:20 -0400, "Carolyn"
wrote:

Beautiful bird! But not in my backyard!! Looks like all my fish are

still
there from what I can tell, but they sure were spooked. Usually they

will
come right up to my voice, but I didn't see any fish at first. I

thought,
"OH NO!, it got them all!!!" Phew, close call, putting up fishing line

now.

Carolyn

That heron will return, so be ready for him. I had heron problems and
more-or-less solved this by reconstructing my pond to have steep drop
offs and 4 foot deep water. Herons don't like that.

Won't work. I've seen the film...the heron dashes up to the pond and
takes a fish near the surface, feet dry.

Netting works
too.