Old 09-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Carl Rosner

Dear IBCers:
I did use the product for awhile, but I do find that Roots2 granuales does the job of repotting shock just as well, if not better.

I must admit I have several Bonsai friends in South Africa that swear by it for repotting, but they do not have Roots2 to try and compare. At least not to my knowledge????

Carl L. Rosner

Steve wachs wrote:
Superthrive is not a miracle and it is not snake oil. It does have its
purpose. I used to help out at Jiu San Bonsai. Phil Tacktill used it on all his
transplants. It was used in a pump spray bottle and applied to the roots of all
plants being repotted. We used a concentration higher than the amount
indicated on the label. It does not have fertilizer, but seems to have a root
stimulant. There are few products out there that are similar. I don't know if they
have all the ingredient Superthrive has. (e. g) B1 startup, Do they work? I
think to some extent they work. it does smell like a vitamin I was given
when I was kid.

SteveW

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++