Old 12-09-2004, 08:05 PM
danny

I've managed to bloom a lot of Phals without getting the temp much below 70,
although dropping to 60 a few nights would certainly help some of the
plants. Make sure they are getting enough light. Is it time for them to
spike in your part of the country? It's still too early here for most of
the standard white/pink hybrids.

I think the dormant buds you mentioned can only become spikes or new growths
(keikeis), not spikes or roots. It's quite common for my Phals to grow some
of the roots laterally as the plant gets older and starts climbing higher in
the pot.

-danny

"dd" wrote in message

Thanks, I'll drop it to 60 degrees and see what happens. I have some
phals in bloom and in spike, so all of them aren't reacting like
this--just some of them. Right now, the temperature is 82 degrees.

In article , Tom Randy
wrote:

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:23:03 +0000, dd wrote:

About 65 degrees.

A lower nightime temp is needed to get the blooming cycle going I

believe.