Old 13-09-2004, 07:07 AM
Pat Brennan

Just as with people, turning purple is not always a good thing. If the
portions of the leaves closes to the lights are turning the darkest it is no
problem just as the thread has discussed. But if it is happening on the
lower leaves, leaves covered by other leaves, or just the leaf tips it is
most likely a sign of root or nutritional problems.

Pat

"Peter Aitken" wrote in message
m...
I recently (3 weeks) moved a few phals from a windowsill where they were
not
getting enough light (I thought) to under fluorescent bulbs. Some of the
leaves are developing a purplish cast. What does this mean?

--
Peter Aitken