Old 12-09-2004, 03:34 PM
Charlie Pridham

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
On 11/9/04 13:03, in article ,

"Magwitch"
wrote:

Here, they seem to release their scent at about 5pm, so it must be to
attract whichever moth or butterfly is around then in their original
habitat. We have a huge Brugmansia in the largest greenhouse and it

almost
overcomes you at that time. It's a shame it waits until then because most
of our customers have gone!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Now there's a project for the plant breeders, get the brugmansia to
scent earlier and while they are at it how about some ipomeas that flower
all day :~)
I have now moved our brugmansia to the kitchen door way which is normally
open at maximum scent time, its certainly one of the things worth waiting
for!
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk