Old 13-09-2004, 02:47 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"Brigitte" writes:
| "Peter Brown" wrote in message
| When I said hedging, I didn't mean a formal hedge, but rather a high
| screening shrub. Something that would grow to about 5-6 feet high.
|
| I'm looking for something along the same lines, but mine needs to be able to
| tolerate mostly shade. Anyone have any ideas for me?
|
| Zone 5, clay soil...

That's the tube zone 5, I assume, so outer London. Someone from
Kent or thereabouts needs to answer that. There certainly are
suitable hedging plants for clay, but pretty well nothing will
thicken up in shade in the UK, and the combination of our low
light levels and shade is a nightmare.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.