Old 13-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "D Russell" contains these words:

I have an avocado plant about 4 years old and about 18" high, kept in a
smallish pot in the greenhouse and just pinch out the growing tip when it's
the height you want it, stays nicely under control. I've also got several
lemon trees on the go, three between 18" and 24" high, and 6 about 6" high.
They are very easy to start off, but tend to be very very picky about
draughts. It's odd lots of books talk endlessly about light and watering and
fertilisers etc but the biggest single problem in my experience has been
draughts, if they get in a draught they just start dropping their leaves.

My lemon trees (about 18 months ATM) stand outside, and even with gales
blowing them about, and over, their leaves have remained firmly
attached.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/