Old 08-09-2004, 07:23 PM
Steve wachs

Yesterday i was outside and i noticed a little maple in a small tree
line at
the edge of my property.it must've been mowed over in the past couple of

years
and has stayed small and has interesting scarring on one side.Anyway my
question is this,when would be the best time to collect it.i have read

through
my bonsai books and saw that the answeres vary.some suggest collect them

in
fall right as the amples begin their dormancy and some suggest in spring

when
they start budding out.which would be my best bet to keep the tree

healthy.
thanks

If it is on your property , don't be in a hurry to dig it up. You can work
on it's development, while it is still in the ground.. You can get better
branching and trunk thickness if you leave it for a while. I would just try to
keep desireable branches and remove the rest. also keep in mind some of the
direable trunk maybe underground right now
SteveW

LI NY

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++