Old 13-09-2004, 09:27 PM
paghat

In article , "Pat Jordan"
wrote:

My daughter in law gave me one of the yellow "eggs" from her Easter egg
plant. I need to know when to havest the seeds from this pod. I plan to
plant them next Spring (I live in southeast TN), but don't want to open the
pod too soon and ruin what's in there. Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

The "egg" of Solanum ovigerum is not a pod, it's a small variety of
annual ornamental eggplant. To collect the seeds, wait until the fruit is
overly ripe (they will be yellow when ripe) then cut it in half, remove
the seeds from the heart of the fruit, & dry them.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"