Old 14-09-2004, 02:19 AM
escapee

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:49:00 -0400, "Pat Jordan" opined:

My daughter in law gave me one of the yellow "eggs" from her Easter egg
plant. I need to know when to havest the seeds from this pod. I plan to
plant them next Spring (I live in southeast TN), but don't want to open the
pod too soon and ruin what's in there. Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

There is a gourd called 'Nest Egg' and I have grown it, and have decorated them
as if they were Pysanki eggs? I may have the "Pysanki" word wrong. It's a
craft my MIL does by using layers of dyes and wax resist to create layers of
color in varying degrees of colors, light to dark.

If you do have gourds, wait till the thing is completely dry. Do not make any
holes in it before it is completely dry, and this can take up to six months, if
what you have are these gourds, the shape of eggs, but somewhat larger...about 5
to 10 cm in diameter, I'd say.

See these he

http://www.gardenguides.com/seedcata...urdnestegg.htm