Old 14-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Jay

Marty's method of rooting cuttings through the winter is typical of hardy
northern species and their growing conditions. It might work OK with some few
species that go totally dormant over winter such as Crape Myrtle or Maple, but
because of our warmer conditions the process doesn't work as well due to rot.
Also in most cases the plants bundled and "heeled in" will not develop much if
any root, but they do develop a callus that allows the to root quickly once
spring comes.

Billy

In a message dated 9/14/2004 10:00:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Marty, I don't do much propagation so your description of hardwood cutting
treatment confuses me.

If you bundle 6-8 together, you'd get a multi-stem plant unless you
re-plant
individually in the spring. Is re-planting the proper procedure? If so,
what signal do you use for timing, bud break of the parent plant? Have
you
tried individual hardwood cuttings so as to avoid the re-planting or
multi-stem configuration? TIA - jay

Jay Beckenbach - Melrose, FL - Zone 8b/9a -

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++