Old 15-09-2004, 12:00 AM
Phisherman

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 09:10:40 -0400, "lbbss" wrote:

I have a newer scotts fertilizer spreader. I always seams to clog up.
I think it is due to slight more in the fertilizer. I keep it in my
aluminum shed ( in the original plastic bag). I seal the opened bag with
duck take when in storage. I tryied drying it out by putting a smaller
amount in a plastic bucket, but it still has a bit of moisture in it.
Anyone else have this problem? Should I be storing the fertilizer
differently. Can I still salvage this big bag of fertilizer, but drying
it somehow? In the summer there is always moisture in the air, so how
can you avoid this problem?

Just like any salt, it attracts moisture and clumps up. If you can
store the fertilizer in a low humidity environment, that will
certainly help. I applied 18 bags of lime (purchased yesterday) to
the lawn today, and what lumps I could not break up with my fist, I
used a mallet.