Old 15-09-2004, 06:33 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On 14 Sep 2004 19:45:43 -0700, (Rob) wrote:

The roofing tiles are standard ceramic, about a third of a cylinder,
maybe 1' long, with no glaze. I've got them lined up to guide the h2o
this way and that. A bit hokey, but I'm hoping moss could grow there.
By the way, does moss arrive by itself, or is it available at
nurseries?

Interesting use of the ceramic roofing tiles. Pictures, website? ;o)

Regarding moss, interesting thing happened to me this summer. I discovered
this dark green mass on my lower waterfall, it started to divert the water
upward. Thinking it was algae, I pulled some off to find it was more like a
fern/moss, very cool. I'm in the desert, and I've never seen this before,
and I didn't plant it there. I think the fact I've let that part of the
waterfall run year round (slow flow in the winter), it came in seed or
small plant form, by bird or wind. The part I pulled off I put in another
wet area the waterfall hit, and it quickly took root.

This summer took a trip to Portland, OR, and found that their waterfalls
have a lot of this same moss, but they're on the evergreen side of the
state, so not surprising. Soooooooooooo, I'd say, if you're in the right
locale, it will arrive on it's own, but you can get sections to root
easily, though I've never seen it sold. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~