Old 15-09-2004, 10:45 AM
Ray

1) It's not listed as being applicable to orchids, so it is usually the
better bet to avoid it for unlisted applications. That is, use it at your
own risk!

2) On the other hand, looking at the label Kathy pointed us to, I see that
its active ingredient is 1.47% imidicloprid, which - I believe - is listed
for orchids under other brand names. Maybe someone else here with some
first-hand knowledge can contribute.

..
"Doug" wrote in message
I've obtained some Bayer Tree & Shrub and would like to know what sort of
dosage
people use as the directions are for, well... trees and shrubs. Based
on
their diameter. Don't think that's very useful for orchids. Can't seeing
my self
measuring the diameter of all those stems... So I'd like to know how
many
ounces per gallon or something similar. I'm growing mostly in fir bark and
pumice.

Doug Bolton (whose rather very tired of the mealies)