Old 15-09-2004, 06:35 AM
K Barrett

Default Mealie solution

http://www.bayeradvanced.com/garden/...ails.cfm?id=12

This help?

K Barrett

"Doug" wrote in message
I've obtained some Bayer Tree & Shrub and would like to know what sort of

dosage
people use as the directions are for, well... trees and shrubs. Based

on
their diameter. Don't think that's very useful for orchids. Can't seeing

my self
measuring the diameter of all those stems... So I'd like to know how

many
ounces per gallon or something similar. I'm growing mostly in fir bark and
pumice.

Doug Bolton (whose rather very tired of the mealies)

Old 15-09-2004, 10:45 AM
Ray

1) It's not listed as being applicable to orchids, so it is usually the
better bet to avoid it for unlisted applications. That is, use it at your
own risk!

2) On the other hand, looking at the label Kathy pointed us to, I see that
its active ingredient is 1.47% imidicloprid, which - I believe - is listed
for orchids under other brand names. Maybe someone else here with some
first-hand knowledge can contribute.

..

Old 15-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Susan Erickson

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 05:45:01 -0400, "Ray"
wrote:

1) It's not listed as being applicable to orchids, so it is usually the
better bet to avoid it for unlisted applications. That is, use it at your
own risk!

2) On the other hand, looking at the label Kathy pointed us to, I see that
its active ingredient is 1.47% imidicloprid, which - I believe - is listed
for orchids under other brand names. Maybe someone else here with some
first-hand knowledge can contribute.

Is this the same as Bayers Rose spray? I was told by a local bug
'expert' to use Bayers Rose and Shrub spray as labeled.
SuE

Old 16-09-2004, 03:09 AM
James Aldridge

I often use Bayer's Merit 75 WP (75% imidacloprid) on my orchids and
bromeliads. I use it as a foliar spray and root drench at the rate of
1/4 teaspoon per 2.5 gallons. I've not noticed any problems. Great for
mealybugs.

Jim

Old 16-09-2004, 10:27 PM
orchids3

James Aldridge wrote in message . ..
I often use Bayer's Merit 75 WP (75% imidacloprid) on my orchids and
bromeliads. I use it as a foliar spray and root drench at the rate of
1/4 teaspoon per 2.5 gallons. I've not noticed any problems. Great for
mealybugs.

Jim

Have Used Bayer Tree and Shrub - with good results. 1 tsp/gal. Put it
on the
roots - not the foleige per the instructions. Read the instructions
carefully and use it at your own risk. Am delighted with the results
- even the bush snails crawled up into view in the hot Florida Sun -
and died. Supposed to last as a Systemic for one year. The bottle
states that the active ingredient
is Merit 1.5%. Am not a person to recomend this stuff but it is good.
Paphs, Prags and botanicals in my collection have shown no ill
effects. A friend of mine grows plurathalids - uses a 1/2 tsp / gal.
Use your own judgement.

Skimmer Solution BenignVanilla Ponds 0 03-06-2003 08:32 PM
watering solution needed Valkyrie Gardening 11 20-05-2003 03:20 PM
squirrels / bird feeder solution tom Texas 4 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Ladybugs for Mealie control Gene Schurg Orchids 24 01-04-2003 05:08 PM
funny you should mention that... Ladybugs for Mealie control Prem Subrahmanyam Orchids 1 30-03-2003 04:56 AM