Old 15-09-2004, 10:26 PM
GeneS

LOL - just got back from a trip to Rockport.
Do you have a boat that your feel comfortable
with in open bay water? Boat or no boat,
I can tell you where you "should" catch a few reds &
even gig a few flounder:-)

Gene

wrote in message
This is off topic, but gardeners are outdoors people, so hey, why not
post here.

I had a trip planned to drive to the coast and try my hand at surf
fishing for the first time. My trip buddy cancelled at the last minute
with no reschedule. I'm still interested in learning how to surf fish,
and this time of year big redfish are supposed to be spawning and
close-in.

Anyone interested in a trip down to Port Aransas or other spot for
some surf fishing? I'd sure like to go with an experienced angler to
speed up my learning curve.

Just tossing out a pitch to see if anyone takes a swing.

austex2468(at)sbcglobal.net