Old 15-09-2004, 09:37 PM
S. M. Henning

Default What are these flowers?

While in New Zealand we visited a garden in an area north of Rotorua
where people can grow tender Vireya Rhododendrons in their gardens and
saw these flowers.

http://home.dejazzd.com/shenning/55.jpg

I have no idea what they are. I thought they might be a Chinese Primula
but they apparently don't come in blues and these came in white,
lavendar, light blue and blue. It is not a typical primula leaf.

Please help me. I am giving a talk to a garden club about NZ
rhododendrons but it would be great it I could give some clue as to what
these flowers are. I am curious also.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman