Old 16-09-2004, 03:35 AM
Anthony Toft

Alas, bonsai isn't a really good "spare time" hobby like collecting
stamps or matchbook covers. Bonsai need daily care

Compared to my other hobbies, it would be less time intensive. Electronics
is a days on end type of thing.

Those have to go. Dig (or soak, as Kitsune says) them off and fill in
the resulting void with a decent potting soil -- NOT that black, powdery
stuff that places like Wal-Mart and Home Depot sell. Get the stuff that
nurseries use for the plants _they_ pot up.

They will be going this weekend...

I dunno. A bonsai flying off a garden table at 120mph could be deadly.
;-)

Yes, but it would be nice if the tree in my living room is there because I
put it there, not because it blew down, Charlie and Frances crossed very
near here, big tree I don't want

BTW I hope that Ivan is sparing you the worst, I see from your .sig that
you're in Talahassee

Yes. After the glued-on stones are gone. Water when the soil feels
DRY. Fertilize every 2 weeks - or so.

I will give it a shot, everything I have read says miraclegro is the stuff
to use.

No. Wait on cuttings. There's a 75% chance that your tree is already
dead (that's the approximate DOA ratio of Mallsai), despite green
needles.

Okie Dokie, a friend of mine is going to get me a bunch of norfolk pine
cuttings this weekend from a big tree he has, I will try with them. I am
using this type on recommmendation of the office 'plant lady'

Almost any place that sells houseplants will have these. Jupiter Bonsai
(in Jupiter) also would have them. There's an

I will check lowes and home depot, there is also a nursery down the road
from us that I will check

Buy the Sunset book entitled "Bonsai."

Will do

--
Anthony Toft

My name is Anton and I approve this message