Old 16-09-2004, 09:11 AM
CombatPotato

When I say water quality is good I don't have actual numbers. When I tested,
the kits had a colour chart to go on which indicated that the nitrate,
nitrite and ammonia levels were in the acceptable band. the ph is 6.5.
Pond temperature is 12.3 celcius today.
I had one of my fish taken to Stirling univercity where they diagnosed a
bacterial viral infection tha the vet says antibiotics are required for,
still awaiting the full report. The vet says that he cannot treat the whole
pond as this will kill the friendly bacteria in my filter.

Thanks once again
John D
"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
my pond is in Scotland UK and I have recently suffered problems with

ulcers.
lost 6 fish to date. I have tried the remedies available in pet shops to

no
avail. I have taken my large Koi to the vet to be injected with

antibiotics
but catching the smaller fish is almost impossible. Probably have 6 fish
still infected, varying from goldfish, shubunkins and comets. My pond is
well established 10+ years and this is the first fish that I have lost

for 5
years. Water quality is good. Best regards John

PS this is my first post ever on a newsgroup.

Hi John, and welcome to rec.ponds.

So what did the vet say was wrong with your fish?

Water quality is good, is not much to go on, could we have the numbers for
Ammonia, Nitrite, pH & KH, pond water temperature? Maybe we'll see
something you don't. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~