Old 16-09-2004, 10:39 AM
Craig Cowing

Anthony Toft wrote:

Alas, bonsai isn't a really good "spare time" hobby like collecting
stamps or matchbook covers. Bonsai need daily care

Compared to my other hobbies, it would be less time intensive. Electronics
is a days on end type of thing.

In the spring, that's what bonsai is for me. I usually take a week off to go
collecting, repot, etc.

I dunno. A bonsai flying off a garden table at 120mph could be deadly.
;-)

Yes, but it would be nice if the tree in my living room is there because I
put it there, not because it blew down, Charlie and Frances crossed very
near here, big tree I don't want

Just for temporary. Make sure it's a species that will live indoors if it's going
to be indoors. A juniper will not make it indoors.

snip

I will give it a shot, everything I have read says miraclegro is the stuff
to use.

I alternate Miracle Gro (15-30-15) with Peters (20-20-20).

No. Wait on cuttings. There's a 75% chance that your tree is already
dead (that's the approximate DOA ratio of Mallsai), despite green
needles.

Okie Dokie, a friend of mine is going to get me a bunch of norfolk pine
cuttings this weekend from a big tree he has, I will try with them. I am
using this type on recommmendation of the office 'plant lady'
snip

Not good for bonsai. As someone else notes, it doesn't branch and wants to grow
straight up. It makes a great indoor tree, but that's about it. Try ficus.

--
Anthony Toft

My name is Anton and I approve this message

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: