Old 11-09-2004, 09:54 PM
K Barrett

Well, all was restored by re installing teh programs... I guess this
computer is just sort of twitchy. I didn't relize there was a big a
difference between XP and Win 98.

I must have installed that program in about 3 different files one under my
user name, one as adminstrator and one in program files... ack, no wonder
the thing wouldn't work!

Thanks so much for your input. John, I've saved you info because I *know*
i'll need that again some day.

Thnaks bunches!!

Kath
"K Barrett" wrote in message
OK, I'm screwed.

I updated to XP and now files created by my web page maker program aren't
recognised by XP.

When I try to open the file I have to tell XP which program to associate

that file.

Is this becasue the program is a very old one? (its called PageMill, and

is
very simple and easy to use, especially since I've been using it since

time
immemorial.) Is there a way to get XP to recognize PageMill? Maybe
reinstall pagemill? This program is sooo od that Adobe doesn't even

suport
it anymore...

I'd hate to have to buy a new program and then have to learn it.

And, yes, this *is* on topic, unless no one wants anymore OrchidSafari
archives...

K Barrett