Old 16-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Philip

Ray and I are off to Majorca soon for two weeks. Having been there once
over 20 years ago and then sailed in only once about 14 years ago, I just
can't remember what we should be looking for in terms of gardens,

Appologies for this Copy/Paste ..

If you are interested in the 'other' mallorca and in particular fine
country house and gardens pay a visit to some of the properties
mentioned below.

La Granja
Manor house and farm with gardens, tastings of Mallorcan foods, craft
demonstrations, folk dancing and more.
C/ Esporles-Puigpunyent Km 2, Esporles
Tel 971 61 00 32 Fax 971 61 93 05 Email:

Els Calderers near Sant Joan,
Huge 18th century manor house offers visitors a rare glimpse inside
one of the island's most representative fincas (country houses).
C/ Palma-Manacor, Km 37
Tel 971 526 069

Jardins de Alfabia
Beautiful, cool and relaxing Moorish gardens and house near to Soller.
C/ Palma-Soller, Km14
Tel 971 613 123

Raixa
On the Palma-Soller road just south of Bunyola.
Tel 971 790 379
18th century country house and Italianate gardens.
See
http://www.raixa.galeon.com for photos accompanied by Catalan
poetry.

Son Marroig- Deia
Beautiful 19th century manor owned by the Austrian Archduke Ludwig
Salvador & the location for the International Festival of Deia
dedicated to chamber music.