Old 12-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Sarah

I've tried to nudge them open, too, but they're so sealed shut that the
leaves sometimes tear. :-(

I think it might be time to buy an x-acto knife.

Thanks j_a!

Sarah

"unknown" wrote in message
In article ,
"Sarah" wrote:

Hi everyone!

I have a couple of dendrobiums with new leaves that haven't opened up

yet.
Essentially, the leaves remain sealed tubes. Should I cut these open

with a
knife, or should I let nature take its course? Doing the latter may

result
in the next leaf not growing properly.

Advice would be appreciated!

Sarah

well, i don't know if this is the right or wrong thing to do, but i
nudge them open, usually just using my fingers or the edge of a
fingernail... nothing's died yet, but then, neither do they bloom. ;-)

--j_a