Old 16-09-2004, 10:27 PM
orchids3

James Aldridge wrote in message . ..
I often use Bayer's Merit 75 WP (75% imidacloprid) on my orchids and
bromeliads. I use it as a foliar spray and root drench at the rate of
1/4 teaspoon per 2.5 gallons. I've not noticed any problems. Great for
mealybugs.

Jim

Have Used Bayer Tree and Shrub - with good results. 1 tsp/gal. Put it
on the
roots - not the foleige per the instructions. Read the instructions
carefully and use it at your own risk. Am delighted with the results
- even the bush snails crawled up into view in the hot Florida Sun -
and died. Supposed to last as a Systemic for one year. The bottle
states that the active ingredient
is Merit 1.5%. Am not a person to recomend this stuff but it is good.
Paphs, Prags and botanicals in my collection have shown no ill
effects. A friend of mine grows plurathalids - uses a 1/2 tsp / gal.
Use your own judgement.