Old 17-09-2004, 02:55 AM
Russell

Pardon my ignorance - but how would you spread the peat moss over newly
seeded grass?

Thanks,

Russell

"T&D From NC" wrote in message
m...
Peat Moss is a great substitute, and you won't have any weeds.

"Russell" wrote in message
ink.net...
What's the thinking behind adding wheat straw on top of newly seeded

fescue
at this time of the year? I definitely intend to keep a close watch on

the
soil and make sure it's kept moist. In the past I've bought the straw

from
Lowe's / Home Depot and have always had weeds sprout (the seed is

supposedly
99.x% weed free). I live near Crossroads shopping area. Anyone know of

any
place to get "weed-free" wheat straw (does such a product even exist?)?

Thanks,

Russell