Old 18-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Chet Hayes

"Larry" wrote in message ...
"Steve" wrote in message
news:cYM2d.67016$D%.56506@attbi_s51...
Larry, thanks for the info. What does a high lift blade do?

In my case it sucks up leaves better and allows me to mow when the grass is
'wetter' than I could with a regular blade.

In your case I think it will tend to 'lift and separate' (sounds like a
cross-your-heart commercial) the grass blades for a more even cut.

It sounds as if the real problem here could be different varieties of
grass in different areas of the lawn. If you have a fast, high
growing grass like tall fescue in one area, and a lower, slow growing
variety in another, it will never look the same. If that is the
problem, either overseeding with the faster growing grass, or killing
the whole thing and reseeding are the solutions.