Old 18-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Sam

The crack seems quite secure, and unlikely to spread, but is there
anything
I can use to secure it before I begin to plant it up? Mrs Doodar likes the
idea of the bottle garden in the porch, but is concerned at the safety
aspect.
Thnx.

I saved a nice old earthenware pot with a hairline crack by dripping thin
superglue down the crack to hold it together. You have to use the thin stuff
though, which is available from model shops. Also if the outside of the
crack is visible the glue will leak out and leave unsightly drips, it's an
absolute bugger to clean up as well. I had to use a wirebrush on a drill to
sort it out.

Sam