Old 19-09-2004, 03:20 AM
Pam - gardengal

That is a very small root ball for an arborvitae that tall - we sell then in
that height range with a root ball 18-24 inches wide and too heavy for a
single person to lift. If the place you purchased them from has a return
policy, I'd act on it. These will probably not survive the winter.

Considering the fact that I am on the west coast and everything here is more
expensive, I sell 7-8' arborvitaes for about $90US. It's a bit trite but
true - you get what you pay for.

pam - gardengal

"Greg Miller" wrote in message
om...
Yup, Thuja occidentalis. These are 7 ft tall. They were $12 each and
were housed in a large wooden enclosure in the garden center.

Basically, it came with a small root ball (roots and soil) about the
size of a soccer ball. It was not contained by a container or burlap
or anything, just the soil ball sitting on the ground.

Thanks,
Greg
US Zone 5 Toronto

By white cedar do you mean Thuja occidentalis or American Arborvitae?

And
how small a rootball for what size tree? Were they B&B or containerized?
What has your weather been like and how well have they been watered?
Difficult to address your problem without knowing some details.

pam - gardengal