Old 19-09-2004, 04:13 PM
Greg Miller

I should add that these have one main branch with very little side
branch development. They also sold those bushier, field grown cedars
for about the price you mention.

These are sold around my area as bare-root swamp cedars (Grown in a
swamp and dug). Pretty popular for hedging due to the low price, and
takes a few years to thicken up.

Greg

That is a very small root ball for an arborvitae that tall - we sell then in
that height range with a root ball 18-24 inches wide and too heavy for a
single person to lift. If the place you purchased them from has a return
policy, I'd act on it. These will probably not survive the winter.

Considering the fact that I am on the west coast and everything here is more
expensive, I sell 7-8' arborvitaes for about $90US. It's a bit trite but
true - you get what you pay for.

pam - gardengal