Old 20-09-2004, 02:32 AM
MPost

Thanks. Should I cut down now, or wait until it gets colder out? (I live in
New England.)

"Tom Randy" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:52:07 +0000, MPost wrote:

My peonies bloomed decently this year, but now (long after the flowers

have
faded), the leaves of all of my plants have a white powder coating them.
Perhaps some sort of mildew? Should I be doing anything special, or just
trim them down to the ground in the fall as I typically do?

It's Powdery mildew. Not much you can do now. cut down but do NOT add to
the compost heap. In the spring when the leaves come out spray with a good
fungicide. Read it's lable before using and follow directions. I'm going
to try "Organicide" next year myself.