Old 20-09-2004, 03:49 AM
James

"MPost" wrote in message
news:qzk3d.333299$8_6.279643@attbi_s04...
My peonies bloomed decently this year, but now (long after the flowers

have
faded), the leaves of all of my plants have a white powder coating them.
Perhaps some sort of mildew? Should I be doing anything special, or just
trim them down to the ground in the fall as I typically do?

You can prevent the buildup of powdery mildew with a formula from the
kitchen. Combine 1 teaspoon of baking soda with a few drops of dishwashing
liquid and add to a gallon of water. Apply weekly.

Probably not enough time left this year to see if it helps. I'd just cut it
down and watch for it next year.