Old 20-09-2004, 11:11 AM
Cat

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
The message

In article ,
"Cat" writes:
| A query from someone re. huckleberry puts me in mind of another
berry I am
| anxious to give a go to.
| It's the cloudberry - Rubus chamaemorus - with which I fell in love
in a pot
| of jam enjoyed in Finland last year. It's like a low growing yellow
| raspberry, and to say that the jam is divine is an understatement.
| I have found a nursery in Scotland which will ship plantlets for a

not
| outrageous cost, but if anyone here has any experience in growing

them, I
| really would welcome their input!

This came up recently. Remember that they are plants of the far
north, and so like cool conditions. If I recall, they also like
damp, acid, poor but humus-rich soil.

Climatically-challenged persons can buy cloudberry jam in Ikea.

We have yet to be blessed with an Ikea store in Ireland :-)
Though I understand some delis in Dublin carry it, for them that are
prepared to take out a second mortgage.

--
Cat(h)
The world swirls...